Saturday, June 26, 2021

New to Me Plant

 It is good to have a day off.  I've had three days of work and already I want to be home instead.  I'm sure that there is a lot that someone could read into that... Anyhow, Keziah and I spent some time clearing out the bittersweet, the trees the bittersweet killed, and the general area along the south fence.  There is more pick up to do tomorrow, some equipment had problems and our energy waned.  


Keziah cutting things down.

So much bittersweet at her feet!

Bye-bye tree!


Having help today made a huge difference with what got done.  Other things I am happy for today:

  • Since the zinnia I planted yesterday didn't get eaten by the various rodents that seem to think I am planting for them, I planted a couple more and one of the marigold plants.

  • I discovered a new-to-me clover today.  I didn't realize they came in yellow.
According to Lens this is large hop clover.

  • The crab apples seem to be doing alright.  We did a bunch of pruning of the trees earlier in the spring as well as removing some bittersweet and Norway maple.
Lens identified this as a crab apple.

  • ANother thing I did earlier in the spring was to clear out the area between the garden and the sumac trees/grape vines to make a pathway.  To the other side of the sumac and grape vines are tiger daylilies.  I imagine that many years ago this looked much different and not the jungle it is now.  
There are many, many daylilies.

Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Thank you for reading, stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...