Saturday, June 19, 2021

Juneteenth

 The preparations I have been trying to do for starting the new job have not been going as well as I had hoped.  I know it will all be fine, but I also know I should have tried harder to sleep today.  Most of the day was very restful, and that was good.  I just didn't sleep.  Other things I am happy for today:

  • Getting out for a walk with my friend, Amy.  She has been off visiting her daughter's family in Virginia.  
  • There were two woodchucks in the garden today.  The happy part of this is that I learned more places that the fence needs to be more fortified.  Where this little critter is, did not seem to be one of them.
Woodchuck/groundhog.
  • Lens helped me identify a butterfly on the vetch.
Silver-spotted Skipper.
  • The milkweed that I let grow in the yard (shh, don't tell the lawn/weed police) is blooming.  This, as well as the butterfly weed in the front of the house, are supposed to attract monarch butterflies.  
Common milkweed.


Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Thank you for reading, stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...