Saturday, June 5, 2021

Roses

Keziah and I tried to leave the tiller that we got from my aunt at a repair shop today.  I asked the nice repair person to look at it and he said he wouldn't touch it.  Most likely he wouldn't be able to find parts for it, etc.  He did give me the number of someone who might be willing to try.  We'll try to get it to them next week.  I'm starting to question whether trying to repair this is worth it.  If they can fix the tiller, it will be worth it.  Other things I am happy for today:

  • The repair shop was in Derry, NH.  While there, I stretched my legs by walking from the car to the beginning of a rail trail and back.  What I found at the trailhead was a bike repair station.  I hadn't seen one before and I think it is a wonderful thing to offer, especially on a trail like this that people can travel along for miles.  
There is an air pump, a place to hold the bike,
and tools that are attached and hard to steal.

  • Our roses are blooming!
I also noticed the holes in the leaves.
Something is eating it and I will try to spray them this weekend.


  • On the ground by the cherry tree, I found some kind of a hornet's nest.  The Lens app leads me to bald faced hornets.  Further internet reading implies that if a person gets within three feet of the nest, the hornets will attack.  I got within three feet and the nest was on the ground when it probably should have been on the tree.  This leads me to think that something (maybe a skunk or bird?) has solved this problem for me.  But the nest is cool looking.

  • I made an attempt at thinning the weeds by the iris, lily-of-the-valley, and other roses this afternoon.  There is another plant that I am not remembering from last year that is coming up too.  I look forward to seeing what it is.
Really, there are less weeds.

Lens thinks these are lily-of-the-valley. 
It resembles the lily-of-the-valley, but is bigger.
There are no flowers yet, or I missed them.




Currently reading: The Burgess Book of Nature Lore, by Thornton W. Burgess.
    I had misplaced this book at the bottom of my latch hook bag.  I crafted, then read.

Thank you for reading, stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...