Thursday, June 17, 2021

All About the Gideon

 Keziah and Zed are off celebrating their eleventh year anniversary this weekend.  Gideon is having an adventure weekend with different family members.  Today, with me, was adventure prep.  We went to the store and got the last few things he needs, like bug spray, for the weekend.  It was our own little shopping adventure.  Other happy things for today:

  • Gideon was a super helper this morning when we worked on sewing up more of the garden fence to the deer netting.  
  • Gideon was a super good sport when we tried to set up a Minecraft game by getting the two computers to talk to each other and we failed.  
  • Gideon was also awesome and quiet while I slept this afternoon.  I hope I am ready to work nights starting Tuesday!
  • In the late afternoon I went out and deadheaded the rose bushes and pulled some weeds.  I also found fresh blossoms.  

Butterfly Bush.

Butterfly Bush, close up.

Yellow daylily.

Orange daylily.

Roses.

A rose.
More roses.  Yes, everything smells like roses.

  • Nanni watched me prune the roses through the porch window.
Nanni.

🌹 ☮ 🌹

Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.


Thanks for reading!  Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...