Monday, June 7, 2021

Morning Sun

 It isn't finished.  After getting up super early this morning and getting outside at around six o'clock I made a bunch of progress on the driveway triangle.  I hadn't been able to work in that area for a while and the good that I did a month or so ago was eclipsed by the amount of grass and weeds that shot up recently.

From the south.

From the east.

From the north.

It seems like a small area, but it really isn't.  With only one bag of mulch left, even after all the weeds are removed, the area won't feel 'done' for a while.  The way things grow, 'done', is really just a temporary state, but still something to strive for.

I didn't get the angles the same.
This is from the southeast-ish.

This is a little north of east.

This is still basically from the north.

The area is starting to look bare.  I'm glad I have plans for it.  Other happy things for today:

  • When I first went outside, I noticed the roses by the door.  Something is already chewing at the leaves so I got a spray bottle with water and a little dish soap and sprayed them down, before the sun was high and the heat set in.  Hopefully that will help.  I noticed the red roses getting ready to open.

  • Another thing I noticed as I went to work on the front part of the property was that the sun still hadn't cleared the trees at the back of the property.  Last year I was up and out early almost every  morning.  It looks to be a hot summer (still spring and temps in the 90's) so the earlier I can get out, the better.  
Sun peaking through the trees.

  • While cleaning up, I noticed that while I was weeding, some of the roses had opened.
The red, and more of the pink were open
later in the morning.
  • In the afternoon I took the tiller that we got from my aunt to the shop.  I showed it to a very nice man who looked it over and let me know that he could fix it-IF he could find parts for it.  He also let me know how much it would cost just for parts, before labor, and that he didn't think I'd be happy with the performance.   This is not the answer I was hoping for, it is the one I was expecting.  We had to ask, they don't make them like that anymore.  I'm happy that I tried and now I can move forward. 


Currently reading: The Burgess Book of Nature Lore, by Thornton W. Burgess.


Stay safe, thank you for being here.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...