Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Monday Mow Day

 Tonight I start my new job.  Hopefully I will remember all the things I need to remember.  Early this morning I took care of choosing benefits and ordering shoes for work.  It is good to have that basically done.  I may have Keziah and Zed look over it all for me in the next few days.  Other things I am happy for today:

  • Keziah and Zed have been away since Thursday for their eleventh wedding anniversary.  They are home.  They shared the stories of their adventures and Gideon shared his stories with them.  Beautiful family moments.
  • I woke up when I wanted to this morning.  This has been hard.
  • For me to continue to reach my 10,000 steps a day goal I need to have that goal reached by the time I sleep before work.  My alarm will go off at 11:30 PM and that is too late to try to finish up the step count.  To achieve that today, I mowed the lawn.  
  • The grass was tall and there were some pretty flowers that are now gone.  I used Google Lens to identify them.
Blue Toadflax.

I've seen this in other parts of the yard,
but forgot what it was, meadow hawkweed.

There was a bunch of the toadflax.


Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Thank you for reading, stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...