Wednesday, March 17, 2021

The Eyes Don't Have It.

 Thinking back on my day I believe I took most of it off.  The box I went through to downsize/organize/unpack was full of things to sort.  It took a while to go through it all.  After, I did a few little things here and there but mostly rested and played games on my phone.  One thing I did was to label the video recordings to make editing later in the week a bit easier.  Zed and I set up a time to get the first part of the week's editing done on Thursday.  Other things I am happy for are:

  • For the videos that Zed and I are making I make a title sign for each day.  I try to include some tidbit of information like a holiday or something from history.  Today is Freedom of Information Day.  When Gideon saw the sign he offered a suggestion that Zed and I heard as, "You can draw some eyes with wings flying around on the sign."  Zed and I both did our best to politely say that although eyes flying around being able to see things on Freedom of Information Day seems cool it might look kind of creepy (it would take an artist, not me, for them to not look creepy).  To which Gideon laughed and said, "Not eyes, I's!"  If you are a person who will watch the video next week, you now have the inside scoop of why there are I's flying around on the sign for today.  
  • I am happy to say that I marked more things to get rid from today's box than I did to keep.  😊
  • Keziah recently made a pipe for the cats to play in that suspends from the ceiling.  She plans to make sort of a perch that the cats can use to transition from the pipe to the stairs.  That has yet to be made though and Winston, the orange tabby, still needed to come down. 
He stepped out onto the banister and stayed there,
 trying to decide the right way to get down from that point.
Eventually he figured it out and just jumped onto the stairs.

  • Before dinner I went for a quick walk around the property.  There are places where the ground is still frozen and places where it is muddy.  The sky was a bright blue with some wispy clouds.




  • I took some pictures where I saw signs of spring.  
These are on a birch tree.

Most likely this is a maple tree.
There is some new growth and the tiny little buds are starting to form.

I believe this is from a lilac bush.

These little buds are on the Forsythia plant.

  • There was one non human footprint in some mud.  To this untrained eye it seemed like a racoon print, I imagine it was probably a squirrel or chipmunk though.  
My finger is there for size comparison.



Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...