Saturday, March 27, 2021

New Growth

Instead of one box, I emptied two today.  If all goes well, I will attempt two going forward, depending on what else is going on during the day.  There are still quite a few boxes of my former life that I need to go through and decide what stays and what goes.  This is good and all part of the process.  Other happy things for today:

  • Keziah and Zed found a used couch that they will be picking up tomorrow.  Part of today was spent removing the couch we had.  That couch has some broken legs and has been sitting crooked for a while.  Half the living room has been spring cleaned in preparations for the new-to-us couch.  
  • This afternoon I took a walk out back and then up to the nearby conservation area.  It was very refreshing and birds serenaded me most of the walk.
  • When going by a swamp that had a blue heron last year there were a pair of ducks this year.
Believe it or not, there is a duck on the ice.
Hard to see with this picture.

  • There was also a beaver.  At least I am fairly certain it was a beaver, swimming in the water.  I didn't see the tail, it could have been an otter.  There was enough distance and vegetation as it swam away, I just couldn't get a good enough look.
  • As I entered the conservation area, instead of the smell of snow, there was a faint smell of the pine trees that grow in that area.  It was a lovely scent intermixed with the general moisture in the air.


  • On the walk back home there were some rain showers.  Just clouds passing over and clearing the air as they quickly blew by.  It wasn't quite late enough in the day for a rainbow.

I love how the camera was able to capture the raindrops as well as
the sun shining on things.


  • Some of the buds on the lilac are getting bigger.

  • The forsythia too.


  • There are also daffodils, daylilies and I think tulips (I planted a few bulbs last fall) that are breaking ground.




Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Wash your hands.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...