Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Sounds

 For whatever reason I woke up early this morning.  Then I had a hard time getting motivated.  Once I did, the day seemed to go well.  I spent a little bit of time researching O.K.; if all goes well, the exchequer things I have been working on are done; and I went through a box and got rid of some things that, a few months ago, I would have held onto.  Other things that I am happy about:

  • Yesterday while walking with my friend, Amy, we were talking about how I sometimes don't remember all the things that I want to write about when I finally sit down to write.  She suggested that I make notes during the day.  I haven't had much luck with thinking to do that, yesterday she reminded me.  Today I remembered on my own.  
  • When I walk along the street is it very loud.  There is a dead end street that I go down and the noise level drops considerably by the time I am about twenty feet in.  I take my headphones off then to listen for any birds.  On this day, the smell of melting snow and sound of the small waterfall flooded my senses to help drive away the street noise behind me.  My attention steers away from the car sounds and book I was listening to and turns to the surrounding nature.
  • As I get to the end of the street and enter the trail the birds sound their alarm to warn of my intrusion into their environment.  I hear some skittering and see a chipmunk farther along the trail go for cover.
  • At one point, I hear a noise to my left and there is a chipmunk that decided to peek out to see what the fuss was.  I stopped mid stride to watch him.  He allowed me to take a few photos and as I started to walk away he quickly hid.

Close up.
  • The moon rose during the day.
According to the internet,
it is in the Waxing Gibbous phase...
Not that you can tell by the picture.

Currently listening to Quiet, by Susan Cain.

Stay safe.


1 comment:

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...