Friday, March 12, 2021

Plant a Flower Day

 Bel and I hiked up to but not up the fire tower nearby.  The trail was busy enough that we didn't stick around to take our turn on the tower itself.  Instead we walked over by the abandoned RV trailer that is up there.  I have seen it, but I don't think walked over to it before.  It has obviously been there for many years.  Not only is it falling apart, but the ways for it to get out are pretty much grown in.  


Getting some time with Bel before they leave in a week or two is just what I needed.  Other happy things from today:

  • Among the many shoe, dog, and horse footprints, we think we saw raccoon footprints in the mud on the trail.  
Raccoon?
  • The sun setting did not light up the sky with many colors but it was beautiful going through the trees and shining on the hills beyond.

  • I still love the turret house (what I call it) at the base of the trail to the fire tower.  It is a welcome sight even when the hike hasn't been long and arduous.
  • Some of the geranium seeds have sprouted!  I am so happy that there is at least some sign of life from the seeds.  I just need to keep them alive and growing now.
Someday they will grow up to be geraniums!
  • It is Plant a Flower Day so I decided to try a new method I heard about with some Johnny Jump Up seeds.  This new-to-me method is using a plastic milk jug as a mini greenhouse.  Here is a link to how it works.  I chose the Johnny Jump Ups because they seem to be a hardy plant and should overwinter well.

Currently reading:Currently reading: The Burgess Book of Nature Lore, by Thornton W. Burgess.

Wash your hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...