Saturday, March 27, 2021

New-To-Us Couch

 Today I said goodbye to the couch I got from an aunt (now deceased).  Some of the legs had broken and the frame as well.  I'm not sure how long she had it, but I've had it for over five years I think.  Before seeing the cracked frame, I considered trying to have it kept in the apartment.  For the last 39 days though, I've been getting rid of at least one thing a day.  It isn't always easy, but it does seem to be getting a little easier.  It was easier for me to say goodbye to the couch today versus how it would have been 39 days ago.  Other happy things for today:

  • We were able to get some sheep manure from a friend.  This will help the garden grow.  If all goes well, I will help that friend later in the week and either get more, or help someone else get some manure.
  • Some of that manure went right into the compost bin.  I'm hoping it will help the compost break down faster.  While at the bin Zed noticed a crocus nearby.  There are a few coming up in a part of the yard that we didn't do much with last year.  Since we moved here last April, the flower was most likely already gone.  They are one of the very first flowers to come up in the spring.
One crocus so far.
There seem to be others to the left of that one.
Maybe after the rains I'll rake there.
  • This afternoon Keziah brought a friend (Keziah's mother-in-law) and I to get our first covid vaccine (Pfizer).  We had an appointment and got there early.  There were no lines and we only had to wait (maybe two minutes) at the last station.  The process was relatively painless.  Even the shot didn't hurt much.  Tomorrow, who knows?  Today it went well.  Our second shot will be April 26th.
  • While we were getting vaccinated Keziah got us Blizzards from Dairy Queen.  I love the snickerdoodle flavor, with extra flavor.
  • As the sun was setting I went outside to appreciate it.  

  • As the orange sky was darkening in the west, the nearly full moon was rising in the east.


  • Saturday night was a pizza and movie night for us.  We all piled onto the new-to-us couch that they picked up today and watched Thor: The Dark World.  The couch is about fourteen and a half feet long.  Gideon says that it is a perfect couch for social distancing.  😃
There is room for two more people at the end-
or two cats.

Currently listening to Quiet, by Susan Cain.

Stay safe.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...