Monday, March 22, 2021

Farewells

 Bel, Folke, and their guest have left and are on the way south.  They are already missed.  They hadn't planned to, but spent the entire winter here.  Our household is back to four people and we will be making a new dinner preparation schedule since two of our cooks are gone.  

Here are some happy things for today:

  • I did a little bit of cleaning out by the garden today.  It was a small section that I raked and cut down some of the small staghorn sumac that were growing.  Ideally there will be a walkway between the garden fence and the row of more mature staghorn sumac trees.  Two wheelbarrows and one blister was enough for the first spring yard cleaning.
This is before.⤴
In the aftershot a difference wasn't noticed.
This shows the line between what was raked and what wasn't.

  • There is the smallest amount of what seems to be new green growth coming up in the established flower garden.

  • Now I will attempt to put to words the "joke" I sort of played on Zed.  We were starting to edit for the YouTube channel and I was going over the things of note for the coming week that we might want to use on the sign.  I made a random comment about today's holiday.  Then I tell him, "Oh!  I forgot to tell you to take Monday off."  He completely stopped what he was working on, looks at me very seriously, and asks why.  I'm pretty sure he thought there was a doctor appointment or something.  I'm unable to keep a straight face when I tell him that tomorrow is National Goof Off Day.  
--This is about the color Bel dyed their hair today.--

Currently reading: The Burgess Book of Nature Lore, by Thornton W. Burgess.

Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...