Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Self Care Day

 Although I did some things on my list for today, there were a bunch I didn't do.  It was snowing.  That beautiful white stuff fell from the sky.  Every time I looked at the gentle flurries my back tightened.  This was a warning to not go out in the snow.  Most of the day I did things around the inside instead.

  • At the recommendation of a friend, I started reading the book Quiet, by Susan Cain.  There is a waiting list to listen to it.  It is about introverts and extroverts.  That is about all I know so far.
  • I've been getting my squats done, thirty today!
  • Since my back was bothering me, I started to watch a movie.  I put out the yoga mat and stretched while the movie played.  This helped my back a bunch.
  • Keziah, Bel, and Folke went out for a while today.  I shoveled and snowblowed most of the driveway before they got home.  There wasn't much snow.  The snowblower is not perfect, but it is way better for my back.  Then I watched more of the movie and stretched again.
Winston, poking his head out.

And turning over.

Gideon got a new pair of snow pants.
He starts ski lessons soon.
Stay safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...