Saturday, February 13, 2021

Goals


Most people, if not everyone, make goals. They may be big, or small. Hard to reach or easy to accomplish. Some may take a toll on us physically or mentally or they may be fun.  Some may take a toll on our family and friends. We may give up or overachieve. Six months ago I accidentally started a goal, or perhaps I just accidentally started reaching a goal. One day, I looked at my FitBit app and saw that I had managed to reach my 10,000 step a day goal for over a week. Then it was over two weeks, a month. Then it became a thing that I kept striving for. Today makes six months that I have reached at least 10,000 steps every day. It hasn’t been easy. When I was working much of the day I was sitting. I had to make time after work, tired, to walk. There was, and still is, a pandemic making it problematic to do things with other people as much as before. My daughter has had to try to get used to her mother walking around the house, like her son does-aimlessly doing circles through the rooms. There was one night, when I was just a few weeks in, that I got out of bed to get the last 100 or so steps because I forgot. This led me to aiming at getting the goal done before dinner. It is a struggle, this step goal. If it were easy, I might make it higher. Still, after six months, I am doing loops around the house to complete the steps. Maybe when spring is here, I'll be outside every day taking a walk. Now, I'll continue to get small walks where I can and loop around the house when I can't. 

The past year by month.
August 13, 2020 is when I started this trend.

That is one big happy for today, and here are some more:
  • Keziah, Zed, and I emptied and sorted through boxes today.  We have been in the house for ten months and the 'make room' is not yet put together.  Zed's part where he works is, but the craft and sewing things are mostly in boxes still.  There is so much stuff!  
  • One box that I went through was from my parents.  From what I could tell this Insta-Cube box has been packed since 1970!!  
That camera box had this stuff in it.
Some cool things, some trash.
  • One of the things I am going to research and then plant anyway are the seeds that were in the box.  I'm looking forward to seeing if seeds packed for 1967 are still, "Rarin' to grow."


  • A Christmas card from my grandparents was in the box, too.
That was their living room.

  • There is one other thing that looks kind of cool; I'm not sure what it might be commemorating.  Obviously, flight, but I am curious where it originated from.

  • This afternoon, before my walk, I wasn't feeling like going out.  Many thanks to TF for the encouragement and Zed for joining me during the first part of my walk.  
Zed and I both stopped to take pictures.

There is a bird in the tree... really... I think a chickadee.

Here is my face right after my FitBit let me know I had reached 10,000 steps.
I was tired and thirsty.

At home, with a jar of water. 

We were worried that they might not ever like each other. 



Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Also reading: Quiet by Susan Cain.


Stay safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...