Monday, February 22, 2021

Fireplace

 Getting up early to go through a box isn't working.  Well, it is working for the box sorting, it isn't working for the rest of my day.  I'm tired.  I think I say that often.  When I am tired I get distracted easily-it is hard for me to stay on task.  I have turned off my alarms for tomorrow morning.  Today's box was fairly easy, most of it didn't belong to me.  I wanted something easy so I would have time to work on other things.  I didn't, I got distracted.  Monday is my night for dinner.  Thankfully I didn't get so distracted that I burnt the corn chowder.  Other things I am happy about:

  • It took a while to upload the video to YouTube.  We are learning.  I expect things will go smoother this week with the editing and filming.  I'm glad this first bit is behind us.
Definitely donating these.
  • I miss hugs.  There is the pandemic and we don't get to see each other like we used to.  Because I am blessed with having five other humans in the house I do get some hugs.  For some reason my daughter has been offering hugs up more often today, it is good.
  • I took some time and wrote in someone for an award.  It is always hard for me to do, I don't know why, but I did it.  It is good to see someone recognized for the things that they do.
  • We have been watching the Marvel movies.  It is Gideon's turn to see some of them.  While I was playing Minecraft the other night, they watched Thor.  Now I am watching Thor to refresh my memory.  
  • It is snowing again!  I hope to make the time to walk out back.  It has been days and days!

  • Even though the house we live in is way over 200 years old, there isn't a wood burning fireplace.  Perhaps because the house is over 200 years old is a better way to say that the fireplaces are no longer functioning.  Some previous owner put in a propane fireplace in front of where the living room fireplace is.  It is so wonderful to be able to stand by it and take the chill off.  We have used it almost every day this winter.  No wood to haul, no ashes to clean up, just warm coziness.


Currently listening to Quiet, by Susan Cain.

Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...