Monday, February 15, 2021

Pasta, Pasta!

 It was the kind of day to be in a funk apparently.  Keziah and I were both not feeling great today.  She pulled out of it and cleaned the living room and I, well, after a morning of doing little, I spent the afternoon cleaning the kitchen so I could make pasta and garlic bread balls for dinner.  It has been many years since I made pasta.  I've been around when others have made it and assisted some, but today it was all on me.  I shouldn't have made a double batch.  My arms and hands are achy from all the rolling.  The dough came out extremely stiff.  I'll most likely look into a different recipe if I decide to make pasta again.  Keziah and Bel helped out with the garlic bread balls because it took me so long with the pasta.  It was yummy, but I'm tired and achy.  Things I am happy for today are:

  • Dinner took quite some time to make, but everyone enjoyed it.  I'm very thankful for the help in preparing the garlic bread balls so I could finish the pasta and get things ready.
  • Music helped me keep going while I made dinner tonight.  Dancing around the kitchen is the best.
  • Dinner conversation tonight included planning for Lent.  Some friends of mine are getting rid of something every day during Lent.  Zed and I are planning to do that as well.  I'm hoping that we will be doing a recording of our progress.  Tomorrow I want to prepare for the following forty-six days of downsizing.
  • It was a lot of work getting my steps today.  I went around in circles in the house for a good part of the day.  Step goal was achieved and 40 squats were done!

I stayed inside today so the only pictures
I took, are of Winston in the box tower.

Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...