Saturday, February 13, 2021

Finally Friday

 It has been almost three months since I had a job, still Friday seems to have meaning.  Perhaps it is just because it has meaning for others.  It might be that it is because of the accountability things I have been doing with TF.  This week I have managed to get almost everything done on my list, and I still have two days.  Other happy things for today:

  • It is February and so cold in New Hampshire.  I decided to take a walk this morning, the length to be determined by my cold tolerance.  It was five degrees according to the app on my phone.  I chose a point along the property to make the decision as to how long I'd be out.  If my body hadn't started to generate enough heat by that point, I'd go home.  If it did, I'd do another loop or head to the conservation area.  I was still cold enough and so I was only out for about thirty minutes.  By the time I was back home, calories were burning and I was warm enough.  Keziah commented that I looked cold, I wasn't.  
  • Along the walk were deer, cat and coyote footprints, new since I was out there two days ago.  
When I took this photo, I thought
I would know what it was when I got home.
Coyote or fox are my guesses now.
I can't picture the size anymore.
  • The trees were making a frozen crack sound that I hesitate to put here as a happy thing.  Fear is what I felt when I heard them crack.  Since none of them fell-split by the freezing temperatures- while I was out there, I am happy.  😊 
  • It was a bright, sunny day.  The cold woke me and the sun gave me energy to be productive.  


  • A friend and I had a lovely facetime call today.  She is a paraeducator and had some stories to tell from this week that reminded me of the parts of that job that I like, the rewards when students enjoy or learn things.
There is a new post on my Odds and Ends blog with some possibly not pleasant photos.  Your mileage may vary.

Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Also reading: Quiet by Susan Cain.


Wash your hands.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...