Monday, February 22, 2021

Peace and Spinach

According to this website, in 1958, on this day in history, the peace symbol was designed.  There is a bunch of information on those two websites.  I came across this information accidently when searching for a holiday for today.  As I close this blog off every day with a peace sign, it seemed fitting to link that information here.  Other things that I am happy about are:

  • The spinach is coming up!  I planted it a few weeks ago in a clear plastic tote with a bag of potting soil.  It was placed in an unheated enclosed porch area that gets lots of sun.  We've had a few storms and cloudy days.  When the sun is out the room gets warm, even when the temperatures are freezing.  I was close to losing hope and am so very happy that something has sprouted.
This better be the spinach I planted and not grass
or a weed that came with the dirt!

  • The heat pads for the seedlings have arrived.  I set one up and will set the other up when the geranium seeds arrive, hopefully this week.  There are other things I could get started too.  At some point I'll make the time to do more research (more organized research?) on when to start the things I have.  
Hoping that the added warmth will spark these seeds to grow.

  • Zed and I are working on the video footage for this weeks downsizing YouTube video.  Other than the exhaustion we are both feeling from taking on this task, we are having fun.  Zed is doing most of the editing.  I am still learning so he goes faster-as does his computer.  It will be posted to my YouTube tomorrow.
  • Before dinner I still was only half done with my step count.  After many turns around the house, my step count was reached.  It has been a long day.
  • One of the things I found in the box I went through today was a story that Bel started to write many years ago.  It was the life story of their favorite stuffed animal, BunBun.  It was very cute.
  • When Zed and I went to edit video footage Nanni was on the office chair.  Zed picked her up and she just wanted to stay in his arms.

☮ 
Stay safe.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...