Saturday, February 20, 2021

String

 There was a bit of excitement today when one of the cat toys was suddenly missing about 6 inches of string.  No humans were in the room when it happened (they were alone for maybe five  minutes) and so we could only speculate as to whether it was Nanni or Winston who was able to achieve this feat.  Keziah and Zed took both the cats to the vet where it was determined that Winston was the culprit.  This is at least the third time that Winston has done something that could have cost him his life.  He has jumped on a gas stove-while lit, got into chocolate, and now swallowed string.  Thankfully each time he has managed to come out the other side just fine.  Other things I am happy about today:

  • I got rid of more things and more things were put away.
Some of these things are recycle, some Zed has claimed,
some are things to be returned, and some for donation.
  • This morning I got the majority of the driveway cleared of snow.  I was outside for one hour and forty-eight minutes according to my FitBit.  I'm learning how to make the best use of the snow thrower.  The direction I push depends on the best place to throw the snow.  North/south, east/west, diagonal-many steps are had in clearing a driveway of snow.
  • Keziah has been working on a scroll for a friend (my protege) and tonight that friend came by to pick it up.  For whatever reason (I don't know why) she wasn't awarded the scroll itself a few years ago when she was awarded the Silver Crescent for service.  I'm not sure I can show the scroll yet, but below is the presentation.
Keziah came out a little blurry.
  • Because my protege is awesome, she also dropped off Christmas gifts.  I got llamafied...

The pens have the llamas on top and the pen is wrapped
in what appears to be a woven band.
  • Earlier in the week I ordered seeds and they came in the mail today.  Tomorrow other things I ordered should be here.  Hoping to be able to start plants inside next week.
  • Today is National Love Your Pet Day.  I feel that the string incident and getting the cats to the vet in a timely way shows how much these cats are loved.  
Nanni

Winston

Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...