Friday, February 19, 2021

National Hate Florida Day

 On this second day of downsizing I went through more boxes than I originally intended to.  I found a bag of paper to burn that I forgot to burn yesterday and I added to it. Of the four boxes I worked with today, one got empty, one mostly empty and two are now pretty full of filed things. There are only four things that I am getting rid of that aren't trash/burn.  


I put other things away.  I'm recording snippets to put together for YouTube later in the week, probably Sunday.  Other happy things for today are:

  • There is an award in the SCA called a Laurel.  There is a website that explains better than me what this all about here.  It is a prestigious award and tonight a friend was presented a writ so that they may consider whether to become one or not.  Keziah and I went to her house and held a sign to congratulate her.
Keziah made the sign.
I should have removed the mask for this picture.
  • Not only did we surprise our friend by showing up with a sign, we brought her flowers!  
  • I chose to wear garb for the drive by celebration.  It makes me feel good to put garb on now and then.  I'm starting to wonder if I should stop waiting for the excuse of something SCA happening and just wear it around the house occasionally.
  • On the way to cheer on our friend we called an aunt in Massachusetts.  It has been far too long since I had actually called her up.  It was great to catch up with what has been going on.  I often have a hard time calling people.  It is good when I can get beyond that and get to talk to someone on the phone.
  • Earlier in the day Gideon had a virtual play date with some friends.  They video called and played the game Among Us.  Gideon was so excited he was jumping for joy!  
  • We had a delivery to make to another friend and we dropped that off while we were out.  They had things for us too!  I look forward to trying the salted caramel mead I brought home.
  • TF had her power restored in Texas today!!  She isn't sure how long it will be on for because the company is supposed to be rolling who gets power and who doesn't.  For now, she has heat again.  Texas is still freezing, but tomorrow it should be a little better.
 I stopped reading: Quiet by Susan Cain. I've decided to put this book down for now. I am on the waiting list to get this as an audio book. I think I'll enjoy more if I can listen.

Title brought to you by:  http://www.holidays-and-observances.com/february-18.html

Stay safe.

I'm super tired and I hope my English make s sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...