Thursday, April 1, 2021

Turning Dirt

 Three boxes went through today but nothing as fun as yesterday's old pictures.  Most of the things I got rid of.  Well, there were a bunch of old clothes and pieces of fabric that went back into a box for Keziah to use.  It is still gone from my list of things to sort.  I found one of my favorite skirt sets and it is in the box for Keziah.  It will never fit me again and will probably not ever be in style again either.  Honestly, this is me, it was probably not in style when I made it.  Other happy things for today:

  • This morning I went to see a friend and shovel sheep manure.  It has been over a year since we have seen each other (pandemic) and it was a nice visit.  Also, I got more manure for the garden.  I borrowed a spindle of hers last time we saw each other, had it in the car, and I forgot to give it to her.  Guess I'll have to help her shovel again soon.  
  • After talking with Zed about getting a tiller, I went out to the garden with a pitchfork and turned some of the dirt.  I may be jumping the gun.  Last year I felt like we started late, this year early.  The ground wasn't frozen at all.  This is the part of the garden that I had insect problems-squash bugs and squash vine borers.  Disturbing the soil may reduce the number I get this year.  The squash will also go in a different part of the garden.  It is a nice feeling to have this started.
This is the first of three rows I will need to do just to
get the area that I had squash and pumpkins last year.

Currently listening to: Goodbye, Things, by Fumio Sasaki.
Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead Seasonal Planner, by Ann Larkin Hansen.

Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...