Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Deer

 Yesterday I walked for over fifteen miles.  Yesterday I remembered to stretch.  Today I only have minor aches from yesterday's escapade.  I went for a short (about 2 miles) walk today in the neighborhood and on the property.  For this I am happy.  


This is a garden row I prepared last week.
It should not look quite so crooked.
I didn't see footprints,
so I guess the wind moved the hay.

Peach blossoms and leaves opening
now on Marjorie.

Cherry blossoms and leaves
are now opening on Tucker.

Other happy things from today include:

  • Keziah and I got more yard work done today before a company came and sprayed for ticks.  That was all the yard work today because the yard was sprayed for ticks.
  • The burlap I ordered for the garden arrived today.  If it isn't raining tomorrow I hope to start using it.  There are a few more things I think I can plant and not have to worry about a frost now that I have the burlap.  Average last frost in my area is June.  
  • I planted some more seeds today, in the house.  
  • A few days ago I attached the wildlife camera to a tree on the property.  Zed and I checked for pictures this afternoon.  I learned that I need to check the settings.  The placement seems alright, there is a setting that should allow for video too, and apparently I didn't choose that one.  The SD card will go back in tomorrow and I'll try to figure that out.  The pictures either have no noticeable animal or have deer.  I've picked two of the better ones.  Someday, maybe this area will be cleaned up.

Day picture with two deer.

Night picture with a deer.


Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. Love that first shot today of the sun through the trees. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...