Thursday, April 8, 2021

Planting the Raspberry Bush.

 Yesterday's attempt at using the axe to cut a branch was more than what my body was prepared for.  My list of things to do today did not get completed because I took many breaks.  Breaks are important though, as was the nap I took.  Other things I am happy about:

  • Keziah put the swings and hammocks up today.  Gideon has a new swing, just for him.

  • I took a piece of earth, dug a hole in it, added some things (like manure, fresh potting soil and water) and then the raspberry plant.  This took most of the day because of breaks, but it is done!
Untamed earth.

A hole that is larger than needed.
I wanted to loosen up the nearby soil
and remove some weeds and rocks.

That stick will hopefully become a raspberry bush.
  • Zed and I went for a nice walk.  We are working out a plan to get the trails a little more manicured on the property.
We walked a little over a mile.
  • Keziah and Zed got their first covid vaccines today.  


 Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Stay safe.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...