Monday, April 12, 2021

Tap

 It was eleven in the evening, I was sitting down trying to put together my thoughts to write this.  Suddenly I realized that I hadn't reached my step goal yet for the day.  It was midnight, my step goal reached, I had a beginning.  Tuesday, if I can continue to reach my step goal, will mark eight months of reaching the 10,000 step goal every day.  Other things that I am happy about from Sunday:

  • Zed and I went shopping today and picked up mulch and replacement light bulbs for the cellar seedlings.  Most of them are doing well, the bulb going out was a surprise.  I'm thankful that I remembered to go into the cellar when I did or they may have been without the light for much longer.  
I planted more geraniums on the sixth
and they are already sprouting!
  • On the porch this morning I noticed that the petunias are starting to bloom.

  • The roses have been pruned and I spread some mulch around them.  
This is what they looked like a few days ago.

Today they are a bit neater looking.  
I think the green coming up by the forsythia might be hyacinth.
  • Late this afternoon we all went for a long drive.  I don't remember the last time I was in Massachusetts, but we went there today.  A friend rented out a movie theatre and about twelve or thirteen-ish of her friends went, socially distanced, and watched her DVD of Singing in the Rain on the big screen.  The movie was fun, I don't remember the last time I saw that movie... it might have been when we still had a black and white TV.  It was Gideon's introduction to tap dancing.  He seemed to enjoy the movie too.  This was another small step at getting used to being social again.  I'm fine with just one or two people, but more and it is hard.  Being in a theatre with only a few people was good.  I should have taken tap dancing when I was a kid, oh, well.
From the ride... a lake.

A solar farm.

Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Stay safe.

It is after one in the morning... maybe I should sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...