Sunday, April 25, 2021

Things to Burn

 It was another busy people day.  Somehow I was able to ride out the social anxiety of being with people better today.  Perhaps only because I am physically exhausted, although I did run and hide a little, mostly I stuck it out.  Other things I am happy for today:

  • I mowed.  Not the lawn, but some areas that last year I just mowed paths, I mowed a big section.  One way to help reduce the amount of ticks is to keep grass from getting too high-at least that is what I read somewhere.
  • There is a section of land between the garden and a line of staghorn sumac that I have been trying to clear.  It is done.  
This last section had that pile of brush
as well as the multiple things growing up.

The brush is out, many of the things trying 
to grow are cut, and it is raked.
Now it will just be upkeep.
  • Today was a bardic competition and between all the other things we were doing I was only able to catch a little bit.  What I saw was impressive and I hope to watch it later.  Two people I know from the state competed.
  • Some of the people that came by today brought their truck and a chainsaw.  The fallen tree that was over part of the trail is mostly cut smaller and some of it removed.  Maybe next week more will get moved.  A dead tree was also cut down.
Dead tree.

Dead tree down.

  • The dead tree made for good firewood.  We sat around the fire, some marshmallows were toasted, things almost felt normal.  So very thankful for all the help we got today.



🔥🔥

Currently listening to: Too Like the Lightning, by Ada Palmer.

Stay safe.






1 comment:

  1. I wish I had your energy, so impressed with all the work you guys are doing around your property.

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...