Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Happy National Tartan Day

 Last year, once we decided to garden, I feel like I was out in the mornings or after work doing things that needed to be done there.  This year, so far, I am having a hard time pulling myself out of bed.  When I start doing things in the garden, I want to keep going.  Today that was right before dinner.  It was just Gideon and I home for dinner.  We walked around the yard and garden, then he helped me transplant some of the geraniums.  

The geraniums are on the right.

It was really great to have a helper.  He did a great job following my directions on how to transplant and water.  I doubt gardening will win out for him over anything on the computer, but maybe he'll like it just a little.  Other happy things for today:

  • Did I mention that the garlic is coming up?  It looks like something is already sampling it.  I decided to cut the two milk jugs I had in half and cover some of the garlic in hopes that it will be a deterrent.  

See that hole?
I wonder if whatever lives there likes garlic!

  • Speaking of milk jugs, there is now growth in at least five of the milk jug greenhouses I planted in.  I didn't look into all of them.  Lettuce and Johnny jump-ups are coming up.
  • This afternoon my friend, Amy, and I walked at Livingston Park.  We walked just over three miles.  There are budding trees and ducks on the pond.  Best of all was the great company!
Straight up.


  • During dinner I remembered that I had tried putting some seeds into wet paper towels and bags to see if they would germanate.  Oops.  Three of the marigolds did and they are in the pots to the left of the geraniums above.  That fourth pot has some other geranium seeds that I don't expect to grow.

Finished listening to: Goodbye, Things, by Fumio Sasaki.

Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...