Thursday, April 1, 2021

Not an April Fool Kind of Day.

It was a cold, rainy, snowy, doldrums sort of spring day. 

The last of my father's generation, his twin brother George, passed away today. Going through my box for downsizing I found a receipt where the person who wrote the receipt got the wrong brother. 




One of my first memories of my uncle, he was pretending to be my dad. Good memories. 

The twins.
Pretty sure it is my dad to the left and behind
and Uncle George on the right.

 The day ended on a good note. My happy things for today:

  • As Baroness of Stonemarche it is a wonderful thing to be able to see members of the Barony receive accolades from the Kingdom. Normally people would meet in large numbers to witness these. In a pandemic, our anachronistic medieval rituals have been moved to the world of Zoom meetings. A month or so ago Baron Keziah and I started going to people's homes-if it can be arranged-and wishing them a hearty Vivat (long life) from outside a window. It may seem creepy, but we do get permission from a household member before doing this. Tonight we drove north and cheered on a person who has done great service.  We got to have a short visit outside in the cold to wish the family well.  They gave us things they made for us.  Such wonderful people we have in our Barony!
  • Driving north, the skies cleared and stars shone.  
Just a little before we left, the sun set.


  • Driving home, singing with Keziah.

Currently listening to: Goodbye, Things, by Fumio Sasaki.

Wear a mask.


1 comment:

  1. Love the pick of your dad and his brother. They seem to have a bit of mischief in them

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...