Tuesday, April 13, 2021

20,000

 Working in the garden, I get quite a few steps.  By the time Amy and I went for a walk this afternoon I was over 9000 steps.  Our walk was over four miles.  Today marks the eighth month in a row that I have achieved my 10,000 step goal every day.  To celebrate, I doubled my step count for today.  



Other happy things for the day:

  • My friend, Amy, visited and we went for a walk.  The weather was spring-like with temperatures in the mid to upper 60 degree range.  We may get snow at the end of the week which is also spring-like around here.

  • We had breakfast for dinner.  Keziah spent a few minutes looking for maple syrup before stating that we would need to be frugal with our syrup usage tonight.  To this I was able to respond, "No, we don't".  Then I went up to my bedroom and found my emergency maple syrup stash.  Doesn't everyone have one of those?  
  • I dug and added soil and watered and planted two different kinds of peas in the garden.  Fingers are crossed that this year the garden will produce better than last year.
  • Peppermint stick ice cream.

Sunset.





Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Currently listening to: Too Like the Lightning, by Ada Palmer.

Stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. ( Channeling my inner Homer Simpson ) Mmmmmmmm peppermint stick Ice cream

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your step ani rest and reaching 20,000 today YAY

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...