Thursday, September 9, 2021

Thursdays

 It seems that Thursdays have become my day to not sleep.  Next week, I will be working Friday too and I hope for better.  Because of this I am very tired and will attempt to make this short.  Happy things for today are:

  • Gideon was talking about chunky peanut butter and I thought he said trunky (trunkie?).  We made up a definition for this new to us word.  This was fun, but the question out of Gideon was about whether or not other cultures had a similar way, like our adding a -y/-ie suffix to words, in their languages.  Ways that just quickly modify any word to change its form like we do in English.  I love my grandson and the way his mind thinks.
  • I did try to sleep today.  Nanni curled up next to me and slept quite soundly.  She even let me pet her belly.
I believe this is the cutest
 picture I have of Nanni.



Currently reading: Backpacking: A Hedonist’s Guide, by Rick Greenspan and Hal Kahn.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.




2 comments:

  1. That is SUCH a cute picture of Nanni! And I absolutely love Gideon's question; now I'm curious about it too. Some of my colleagues are Russian so I'm going to try to remember to ask them about this today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping Gideon remembers that question next time he talks with his German aunt. There are as many possible answers as there are languages.

      Delete

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...