Saturday, September 4, 2021

Heading to Harper's Retreat

It seems forever ago that the chill in the air gave my body reason for goose bumps.  As I traveled to camp for the weekend I hoped that I had packed enough clothes to keep me warm.  So far, I think I'll be good.  Either way, I'm happy that the heat of summer is fading to autumn cool.  Other happy things for today:


  • Listening to music on the trip.  Keziah decided that listening to Meatloaf would be fun.  We also listened to Alanis Morissette's song "Ablaze" which I really should add to my playlist.


  • This weekend will be full of people and I am rather anxious about the whole thing.   Tonight,  however, I have been fortunate enough to visit with small groups of friends that I am fairly close to.


  • One of these friends sang to me tonight.   She also offered some of her pain remedies if I'm hurting tomorrow. 


  • Speaking if hurting,  until it started getting dark and cool, I have only noticed the occasional twinge from yesterday's fall.


  • The stars here are amazing.


Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead Seasonal Planner, by Ann Larkin Hansen.

Thank you for being part of my happy things.


My apologies if this is formatted poorly. Internet here is hard.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...