Sunday, September 19, 2021

Busy Saturday

My day began and ended with dog walks and I had a walk in the middle with a friend.  Actually, my day began with me finding both the cats on my bed and then I took the dog for a walk.  Nanni, the brown tabby, is often in my room.  Winston, the orange tabby, is not.


These cats didn't used to be so close.  I think having a dog is bringing them closer together.  Other happy things for today:

  • While walking the dog I saw a pileated woodpecker.  Taking pictures while walking the dog can be hard.  This time, it didn't work. The woodpecker kept moving and so did the dog!  
  • There was a bee on the back of the car.  
I really like how the picture came out.
  • I went to Home Depot to look for some bulbs to plant.  I've been wanting to make some raised beds and decided to look and see what was available, maybe price things out.  They had some on clearance that were smaller than I wanted.  I looked at them and decided that if I was going to pay that much I wanted them to be bigger, but these would be easy, maybe I'd just get one.  Then I noticed another tag, looking closer it was a second, much more reduced, clearance price.  I asked the cashier to make sure I got it right, then bought six of them.  I may go back tomorrow for more.


I'd guess it took less than 15 minutes to assemble-I didn't
quite have it fully in place with this picture.
The little wooden blocks are optional.
  • For a few different reasons my friend, Amy, and I weren't able to do the fire tower we had planned this weekend.  Instead, we went up the Oak Hill Fire Tower that is closer to home and familiar to me.  Great time and great views.

Some color starting in a few trees.



  • A friend of Keziah's came by and visited for a while.  We also got to play games (We Didn't Playtest This at All and Snake Oil).  She was kind enough to teach us some things to help teach our dog, Aesop.  



Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead Seasonal Planner, by Ann Larkin Hansen.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...