Saturday, September 25, 2021

The Walk

 This morning some friends and I participated in the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention walk.  This was the third one of these since a dear friend died by suicide.  The cause is good, the reasons behind it are not.  I am very appreciative to the people who donated.  After I had a nice visit with my friend, Amy.  Some other parts of the day that I am happy for include:

  • Many people showed up for the walk and the pre-walk ceremony.  





I need to work on taking group selfies.

  • Amy and I went for another walk in the afternoon to get our step count in.  Foliage is still spotty, but it is making an appearance.


  • I noticed this pretty flower in a wild part of the yard.  ⬇⬇  Lens thunks it is white campion but I don't agree.  For one thing, it is a very light pink color.  I'm pretty sure I saw it last year as well.  Too bad I can't remember what I thought it was then!  

  • I tried to thin more of one of the flower garden.  Earlier in the week I pulled out some of the lily-of-the-valleys.  I was hoping to pull some of the iris out, but they didn't want to come.  I got quite a lot more of the lily-of-the-valley pips to transplant.
Before I started today.

After, the bag has the lily-of-the -valley pips.



Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead Seasonal Planner, by Ann Larkin Hansen.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...