Saturday, September 11, 2021

Masterpiece


My day began with a lovely French toast breakfast made by Keziah and Gideon. We usually put cinnamon and some other spices as well as vanilla in the batter. Today though, the vanilla was gone so maple whiskey made for a lovely substitute. Other happy things for today:

  • Aesop and I took a late morning walk. That dog is very full of energy. He has had three walks today, not including the short walks outside to see if he needs to relieve himself.
Aesop is wanting to get the turkeys that were crossing the road.

Something about that roll of birch bark
had him very curious.
 
  • I decided to walk through the growth in the back of the property. My plan at the beginning of the year was to walk back there at least a week and to work on building paths. None of this happened. There is so much more green back there this year compared to last!



  • I went through a couple of boxes of games today. I’m sorry to say that I did not get rid of as many as I would have liked. The happy part is the memories that floated in my mind going through them. One memory involved the game Masterpiece which was my childhood introduction to the arts.

  • Being home and awake in the evenings to spend time with the family is a wonderful thing.



Currently reading: Backpacking: A Hedonist’s Guide, by Rick Greenspan and Hal Kahn.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...