Saturday, September 25, 2021

Minecraft

 For most people who work full-time, a forty hour work week is the norm.  My week is usually thirty hours scheduled.  Last week and this week my hours were closer to that forty hour mark and I am really tired.  The team I worked with was complimented and told we did a good job of keeping up and working together.  Other happy things for today:

  • I actually got a small nap after work.
  • Minecraft.  If you are a regular reader you know that Friday is Minecraft day.  My friend, TF, and I try to play every Friday night.  On rare occasions other family members join in, but it is usually just the two of us.  Recently there was an update which means that we might start a new world soon-that depends on the other players.  Anyhow, we are learning new things in this world, where we know the surroundings better.  Tonight, we were trying to build a 4-way rail intersection such as in this video.  We find ourselves frustrated with the videos and from that frustration comes laughter and how we could do it better.  We probably don't know enough about the game, but we could critique the people that do.  That they make things in ideal surroundings (creative mode with endless supplies) and we don't (monsters and we have to mine for resources) is just one small critique.  Ideas can be fun.
Here is our track in progress.
It is mostly done, but I was falling asleep.




Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead Seasonal Planner, by Ann Larkin Hansen.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. I love this pic of our rail interchange. We need to get it working before the world changes

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...