Sunday, September 12, 2021

Butterflies

 Today Aesop was part terror, part cutie.  I will try to remember the cutie parts.  Some of his good moments include choosing to sleep by me on the couch and calmly greeting me when I came inside.  His best moment was when he was chewing on a piece of grass.

Chewing on a piece of grass...

It was a busy day, other happy things include:

  • Aesop also had a bath today.  The reasons for the bath would fall under the terror category, but the soft, clean, nice smelling dog that emerged after the terror was nice and what should be remembered.

  • Early this spring we had a houseplant that was dead.  I was busy attempting to grow new things and the inside plant was placed high away from the cats and forgotten.  Keziah brought it outside and I cut all the dead off leaving a pot of dirt.  I placed the pot on a shelf outside the shed.  Today Keziah noticed that it is growing again.
  • There were people at the house today.  Each person or couple came by for a different reason.  It was great to see them all.  We now have two targets for thrown weapons so we can have practice and packages have been exchanged.
  • There were so many flowers blooming that the plants had their own dance as bees and butterflies would take off and land.  Lens helped me identify two butterflies, the great spangled fritillary and the painted lady.

Bindweed.

Great Spangled Fritillary and a Monarch Butterfly.

Painted Lady Butterfly.




Currently reading: Backpacking: A Hedonist’s Guide, by Rick Greenspan and Hal Kahn.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...