Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Poison?

 My initial plan for this afternoon was to get to sleep as early as possible after work.  That didn't happen.  Well, I might have drifted off to sleep for a few minutes when I was stretching out my back after work, but that doesn't count.  Instead I mentioned that the Zed's car needs to get inspected and the next thing I know we are driving to drop it off.  Yay proactivity?!  Other happy things for today:

  • While mowing this afternoon I saw a praying mantis in the area that used to be a garden and I hope will be again some day.
  • The car has working headlights again.
  • We stopped at Dairy Queen and they have pumpkin pie blizzards for the fall.  I had them add extra flavor.  It was yummy.  I have no idea if there is any real pumpkin in it or just flavor.
  • According to Lens, I have belladonna or nightshade in the sheep manure compost pile.  I'm happy that I am able to identify it.
Black nightshade...


  • Storms comin'.




Currently reading: Backpacking: A Hedonist’s Guide, by Rick Greenspan and Hal Kahn.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...