Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Flowers

 With autumn on the way I have been thinking about bulbs and perennial flowers.  Last year I planted some tulips and crocus in the driveway triangle.  We were pleased with them, but there weren't enough.  I went onto Amazon and have some more in my cart to buy.  There were rabbit holes involved with this process and I have more research to do before I finalize the purchase.  One of the rabbit holes sent me looking for a blue lily of the valley.  My ex husband's grandmother used to have some in her yard and they were pretty.  Flowers, in general, are a nice happy thing for today.  Other happy things include:

  • Talking on the phone with TF about lots of things.  Minecraft, she is feeling better, and flowers were some of the happy topics for today.
  • When talking with TF about the flowers she reminded me to check the reviews before ordering.  So happy that I did that!  My $80+ order is half that now.  Again, more research will be good.
  • Candy corn--my guilty pleasure for the day.
  • The stars were beautiful just before one this morning as I left for work. 





Currently reading: Backpacking: A Hedonist’s Guide, by Rick Greenspan and Hal Kahn.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...