Friday, September 17, 2021

Overslept

 Yesterday's goal was to get a nice long sleep.  I did sleep a lot, but it wasn't in one chunk.  I forgot to turn off the ringer on my phone so I slept until it rang, and then a little more for almost four hours.  After tossing and turning about two and half hours I slept for a little over three and a half more hours.  This would be great, right?  Except the one alarm that was set I dismissed and went back to sleep and actually woke up AFTER I should have been to work.  The good part in all of this is that I still have a job, they seemed relieved to have a person there, I wasn't a no-show.  The happy part is that after work I talked to HR and learned how to "call in" should anything like this happen again.  It is all through an app, not a phone call, and I just didn't dig deep enough and went to work.  Other happy things for today:

  • They had me do a different thing at work, divert.  I push, pull, or leave in the middle the packages as they go by on the roller style conveyor.  So there I am, the packages going by, push, pull, push, pull and I realize that it is like swimming.  So I decided I should try to write a poem or something but whenever my mind got too far off the task, the task let me know that it was the important thing that I should be concentrating on.  So no poem.  I get home and I look at my Fitbit app and it tells me that it noticed that I went swimming and logged a 40 minute exercise session for me.  Hahaha!
  • After work I pulled out some more energy and took the weedwacker to the back property.  Okay, not all the back property, but I made headway on wacking a path through to make it easier to see the hazards we are stepping on while walking back there.  
So much green!
I feel a little guilty wacking the green down,
Last year things were more brown than green.

The majority of white poofy things are from 
wild lettuce.

Yellow Toadflax.

  • It is Minecraft Friday!


Currently reading: Backpacking: A Hedonist’s Guide, by Rick Greenspan and Hal Kahn.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...