Monday, October 18, 2021

Roof Time

 It is 2:30 in the afternoon and I am up on the roof. This particular roof has a soft slope making it fairly easy to walk on. Currently I am taking a break from paint scraping to write this and watch the clouds meander overhead.





In the back, thrown weapons practice is happening.  Even with the loud traffic passing by the house, the roof seems peaceful.  

It is late in the evening and time for me to reflect on other happy things from today:
  • For a little while there was a friend to help me with the paint scraping.  He had more experience and taught me a little more about some of the finer details of scraping paint from a house and some of the reasons why things are done the way they are.  The scraping and wire brushing is done for today.  The replacement clapboards on this small upstairs section are up too.



  • At some point I took a break from the roof to practice throwing knives.  I had trouble making them stick but one time, all four knives landed well.

  • The full moon is a few days away.  Tonight it was bright and beautiful.

  • Aesop, the dog.
I call this picture, "You don't see me."


Currently reading:  Mount Washington A Guide and Short History, by Peter E. Randall.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...