Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Happy Birthday, Keziah

Happy things: 

  • On this day, thirty-one years ago, I became a mom.  Zed took a break from work so we could do a little celebration before I go to sleep.  His gifts to Keziah were themed for the season and he had a pun to go with all but one of them.  
Things like, "Apple of my eye," and
 "Do-nut what I would do without you."


We sang and she had cake.
  • Zed didn't come up with a pun for the apple cider he gave her.  The friend that is staying with us did though.  I don't remember exactly... something about being ex-cidered.  It was a fun little party.
  • Earlier, I practiced throwing knives.  We have a thrown weapons range and the use of some of the loaner knives.  The knives landed on the ground either with or without hitting the target way more often than they stuck to the target, but it was fun.

  • Aesop, the dog, smothered Keziah in birthday kisses!


Currently reading: Mount Washington A Guide and Short History, by Peter E. Randall.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.



1 comment:

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...